Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Wiped at 9:00 a.m. -- huh?

So, after being up for a while in the middle of the night, I slept all the way to 6:30 a.m. this morning and then got up. Now its 9:00 a.m. and I already feel wiped....here's why:
today, so far, I.....
1. got up and went downstairs to find Isaiah on the couch
2. got some coffee and went to chat with him for a bit....talked about his birthday (tomorrow) and party (Sunday)
3. gave Isaiah breakfast
4. went upstairs and got dressed, threw in a load of laundry, grabbed the kids some socks
5. emptied the dishwasher and begun taking lunch supplies out of the fridge
6. wrote an e-mail to the boys' teacher
7. prepared 3 containers of snacks, 4 water bottles, 2 bottles of milk for school
8. made sandwiches, filled laptop lunch containers, gave each kid a napkin and place mat, filled school bags with snack and drink, put lunch boxes by the door
9. said "good morning to Emet and Micah" and gave them breakfast
10. brushed Micah's teeth and supervised the big kids brushing their own
11. had a discussion with Micah why he had to go to school, put him in his bed after he called me a "stupid idiot"......yes,not quite four but what a vocabulary.....
12. replied to some info requests on one of my listserves
13. took out recycling and a few items to donate
14. herded children into car and drove to school and back

OK, now I can breathe.....and now I don't quite feel so bad that I feel wiped....I did do a lot in 2.5 hrs.....the only thing is, all I really am is back to square 1.......I guess that's the life of a mother.......

I do wonder whether I'll be able to handle it all when Si Lin comes home.....I've done it before and I know I'll do my best to do it again......its just that often something has to give and sometimes it feels like its my sanity........of course I really am ready for her to come home and when she does perhaps I can get some of the school stuff ready the night before so in the morning there is less to do......

Do you think today will be the day for LOA? 83 days and waiting.......


No comments:

Post a Comment