Wednesday, September 9, 2009

A Language All Their Own.....

It appears that Em and M have their own language......I know what you are thinking...ridiculous, preposterous.....I know you are thinking this because that's what I thought too......at first.....

A few months back Em and M were chatting with each other in the bath in what sounded to me like utter gibberish....lots of syllables strung together with mother-ease exaggerated intonation......

Of course, I thought that they were simply playing around and when there was a pause in their conversation, I inserted my own Em/M sentence into the mix.....well, Em looked at M and then he looked at me and what he said was, "that makes no sense".........I was pretty much stunned, then all I could do was laugh....

This morning, I found the two of them sitting on the steps, Em's arm around M, speaking their language in turns, giggling and clearly having a very good time....When we were almost out the door, Em started speaking to me in the language and when he could see that nothing registered he started to translate for me......a few seconds later he looked at me and said, "when you live with us for a while longer, like 2-3 years, you'll start to understand".......hysterical.......

No comments:

Post a Comment