Saturday, July 30, 2011

A little chocolate milk and Mom's day off

Today is the day of the "Pig Roast" which is a misnomer for our family but is an annual pilgrimage that Yami makes to Amherst, MA to play rugby. This time, he has taken the younger set along for the day and has left me at home (photo is breakfast at a bagel place in Peterborough which would not be the same sans the chocolate milk).

Today is suppose to be a day off for me. I do not think I've had one in about 6 years. Here is what I'm not suppose to do today: 1.not make the returns at Target that I need to make, 2. not clean the house that really needs to be cleaned, 3. not fold the laundry that sits there in the baskets calling out to me, 4.not feel obligated to do a big workout at the gym......I'm sure I could go on. Here is what I am suppose to do: nap, read if I feel like it, get a pedicure at the cheap but clean enough pedicure place, go for a walk if I feel like it.....I'm sure I could go on.

I feel strangely at peace with not doing much today. If you know me, you'll know that I'm a hyper-doer and not doing much goes against all my natural inclinations. So, in a way I feel like a complete rebel and its funny but it kind of feels good. If you ask me tomorrow what I did today, I'm really hoping that I can answer, not much. There are two things that I have to do however -- one, go for routine fasting blood work (that I did this morning) and two, make it to the bookstore to buy some books for our friend's new baby.....I'll do that when I feel like it......later.....and after, maybe I'll have a glass of chocolate milk......


> .

No comments:

Post a Comment