Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Fwd: Hello Isaiah (aka Dad's first email to Z at camp)

> Hey Zay,
>
> It should be Tuesday when you are reading this and I hope all is well with you. We got rained on heavily today (Monday), including while I was grilling, so I hope you didn't get too soaked. Even though it was raining, I had to cook outside because the construction workers removed our oven today. It was a sad sight sitting all alone in the back yard, ready for the trash, but I am very excited for the new ovens that will eventually be installed and I'm always happy to have an excuse to grill :)
>
> Micah and Silin had their first day of Camp Hadar and they both seemed like they enjoyed themselves. Silin did arts and crafts and Micah played a lot of sports. He says he almost got to be the server in 4-square - go buddy! Tomorrow they are going to Kim's for the day and I''ll be heading to work, of course. I thought you might like to hear that I am having a meeting in my office with some people from Hyundai. I'll let you know if they say anything interesting about their cars. As fun as all this sounds (ha ha), I'm sure you will definitely have better options at Camp!
>
> I want you to know that we are thinking of you and that we are so proud that you decided to go. I know its only "camp", but really its like a great adventure and I'm excited for you. You are truly one of the special people on this earth and I love you. And remember - don't make the same mistake I made at sleep-away camp when I participated in the boxing activity and got knocked silly by someone who actually knew how to box. I don't think boxing is an option - but if it is, don't get into the ring!
>
> Anyway, its getting late and I should get some rest before my meeting tomorrow. So remember that we're thinking of you and happy for you too. I can only imagine all of the things you are going to do there and can't wait to hear about them. Let us know if you need anything and we will send it to you if we can.
>
> Love,
>
> Dad (and Mom, Micah, and Silin)
>
>

No comments:

Post a Comment